Important Claim Information
As a company, we make every effort to avoid damage. Unfortunately, sometimes it is a reality that needs to be dealt with. Before you fill out a claim form, please review the items below to make sure that you understand the process. Please remember that your coverage for damaged items is based on the coverage that you chose.
Local & Intrastate Customers
All licensed Nebraska movers are regulated by the Nebraska Public Service Commission and are required to follow tariff laws governing the claims process. Please read the summary below and follow the claims link below.
- Kearney Moving reserves the right to request all claims in writing. After evaluating your online claim response we will inform you if a written signed version will be necessary.
- Kearney Moving may satisfy a claim by repairing or replacing the property lost or damaged with materials of like kind, quality, and condition. Upon acceptance, Kearney Moving will seek to resolve the claim within a reasonable time frame with consideration to the nature of the claims and our schedule.
- Kearney Moving's liability will be limited to the level of coverage you requested on your "Bill of Lading".
- Damage should be reported within 30 days from the day of delivery. Kearney Moving can receive a claims up to nine months after delivery.
- Kearney Moving will not accept liability for : documents, currency, money, jewelry, watches, precious stones or articles of extraordinary value including accounts, bills, deeds evidence of debt, securities, notes, postage stamps, stamp collections, revenue stamps, letters, articles of peculiarly inherent value, precious metals or articles manufactured there from which are not specifically listed on the bill of lading.
- Kearney Moving reserves the right to inspect and investigate a claim to substantiate liability.