Notes from the Boss
Our mission is "To bless every customer with incredible service that is worth bragging about." As we start the busy season I am very encouraged with where we are at. We continue to get feedback from our customers that is awesome. Customers are feeling well served and cared for. We are anticipating a busy summer and the stakes are high. For us to have a great year we need to have a great summer. This means that all of us need to keep our eye on the ball and continue execute well. I feel great about the level of experience we have with our year round staff. I'm excited about the character and quality of our new hires. So as we start this summer I want to encourage each of you to be professionals, have fun, and work hard. Let's have a great summer!!
I want to give a very special thanks to Hofer, Rivas, Herrera, and Wolf. One of our customer's Angie Richeson of Gothenburg gave us one of the best reviews KMS has ever had. She posted this online and these guys completely nailed our core values. Really nice job guys!!! Your really represent us well!
"This is a very belated THANK YOU for the incredible moving experience we had with Kearney Moving Service!!! Your moving crew moved us from one house to another in Gothenburg on Wednesday, April 13th and we have nothing but amazing things to say about the whole experience. The crew was timely, professional and extremely efficient. They were also very friendly, had amazing manners, communicated every step of the moving process with us and most importantly... they were just really, really good at their job! Moving can sometimes cause anxiety and I remember waking up that morning, taking a deep breath and saying "here we go...". Bottom line... from the moment the crew arrived, they eased my nerves and anxiety and actually made the moving experience kind of "fun and entertaining". For that I am forever grateful. One of the things I appreciated about the crew was their "down to earth" nature. Although I could sense their continual professionalism and their constant need to get busy because they were on the clock... and every minute counts... they also made us feel like they were completely dedicated to "our family" for the day. They took the time to chat with us (both moving and non-moving related) and even took the time to take a picture with our 13 and 10 year old girls at the end of the day (see attached). Our girls thought "the crew" was pretty incredible :) It's funny how "heroes" surface in the most unexpected places... ;)
Sidenote... we were VERY pleased that our actual cost of moving was LESS than the estimate! That doesn't happen very often and we give complete credit to the effective and efficient nature of the crew you sent our way! Thank you, thank you! Thanks again for your EXCEPTIONAL services. From the moment I filled out the "estimate" form on your website and received a follow-up phone call almost immediately... all the way to the moment the truck drove away from our NEW home, we were completely satisfied. Nothing but positive comments & referrals from the Richeson's!"
Joe, Angie, Chiara & Ashlyn Richeson
Policy & Procedure
As we start into a new summer I want to keep all of us aware of important policy issues. As we serve our customers lets make sure that we keep the following in mind.
(1) Respect: treat customers, employer, and employees respectfully.
(3) Do not behave in a way that would not fit in with normal professional conduct.
(4) No excessive goofing off, etc.
(1) No use of inappropriate language including swear words or any reference to God, Jesus, or Christ outside of a religious discussion.
(2) Lewd conversation is also prohibited.
(3) Refrain from discussions involving vulgar subjects, sexual subjects, drugs, alcohol, partying, and the like.
(4) Discrimination: absolutely no racial slurs or discrimination.
General cell phone use at work
(1) Allowed if business related.
(2) Reimbursement is allowed if employee uses phone consistently for work purposes.
(3) Personal use is allowed during breaks and while traveling.
(4) Ask job foreman for permission to use cell phone for emergency or important call.
(5) Talking without a hands-free device is prohibited for drivers of any company vehicle.
(1) Up to 10 personal text messages allowed during work hours, as long as texts take less than 30 seconds each.
(2) Texting that exceeds limits set above should be taken off of your time at the end of the day.
(3) Company expects you to act fairly and respectfully in regards to this issue.
Texting while traveling
(1) Texting is prohibited for drivers of any company vehicle.
(2) No restrictions for non-drivers.
(3) Texting should never affect a team effort.
Music and personal listening devices
(1) Permitted as a passenger during ride time.
(2) Allowed when packing boxes provided you are working alone (one ear bud is allowed or phone speaker is allowed as long as it's at a reasonable volume.)
(3) Not allowed while loading or unloading the truck unless you are a foreman, and the music should remain on the trailer.
(4) Music should always be at or below conversation level and should not be considered offensive or abrasive to others.
Fun & Interesting